Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Trademark licenses, example in Firefox

From: Diego Saravia
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Trademark licenses, example in Firefox
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 14:37:03 -0300

> source of linux libre is linux, and is not free
> source of icecat is firefox and we are seeing that is not free

Source of Linux-libre is Linux-libre, completely free:
http://www.fsfla.org/svnwiki/selibre/linux-
libre/download/releases/LATEST-2.6.39.0/linux-2.6.39-libre.tar.bz2

Source of GNU IceCat, again completely free:
http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gnuzilla/5.0/icecat-5.0.tar.bz2

that files are not sources, sources are in linux project and mozilla proyects. Linuxlibre and ice-cat  are usefull, to aloud people to use only free software without  restrictions, to know what happens in each machine (blobs) (if they have the hardware) or to aloud to sell software, but they don' t provide sources. They provide a sub product of the real sources, that are not free. A restricted set of software that is free.

these files are modified by hand or in automatic way (like kernel in ututo), bur are not sources

call them sources is like call sources a grammar in c produced by  yacc/bisson

there are not legaly sources, and is not a good idea to think of them as a new project, becouse the people that really do the code are not in linux-libre nor in ice cat project.  They are not new projects, nor forks, and continue to be that way, each new version is constructed from a new version of the very sources. Only one criterion: remove non free, restrict the universo of machines to the one in wich only free soft. could be run.

--
Diego Saravia
address@hidden

"Disclaimer:" Haré lo que desee con los correos que reciba, quien no este de acuerdo, que se abstenga de enviarme correo a mí o a las listas donde este suscripto.
En particular NO VALE ningun "disclaimer" que indique que el correo enviado es privado o sujeto a normas de empresas, gobiernos, u organizaciones de cualquier tipo.
Con relación a los estados y sus leyes, analizare cualquier norma aplicable en el territorio donde eventualmente actúe en el momento, escucho a cualquiera que tenga algo que decir.
Con respecto en particular a los derechos de autor, salvo acuerdo previo, gozaré plenamente de las 4 libertades con todo lo que reciba, considerandolo, en cuanto a lo patrimonial,
como propio.