Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Trademark licenses, example in Firefox

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Trademark licenses, example in Firefox
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 22:24:21 +0200

Rubén Rodríguez wrote:
I think Ruben's question is more of: If you take Firefox under the
GPL, does the "you can't charge for unmodified binaries" constitute a
"further restriction" under the GPL?

This is my main concern, yes.

I see. I don't know what the legal implications are, but I assume Mozilla's lawyers have considered this and found it to be OK (or at least defensable in court).

But it does seem to go against the spirit of the GPL.