Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Trademark licenses, example in Firefox

From: Quiliro Ordóñez
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Trademark licenses, example in Firefox
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 13:07:27 -0500

El 22/07/11 12:37, Diego Saravia escribió:

> source of linux libre is linux, and is not free
> source of icecat is firefox and we are seeing that is not free

Source of Linux-libre is Linux-libre, completely free:
http://www.fsfla.org/svnwiki/selibre/linux-
libre/download/releases/LATEST-2.6.39.0/linux-2.6.39-libre.tar.bz2

Source of GNU IceCat, again completely free:
http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gnuzilla/5.0/icecat-5.0.tar.bz2

that files are not sources, sources are in linux project and mozilla proyects. Linuxlibre and ice-cat  are usefull, to aloud people to use only free software without  restrictions, to know what happens in each machine (blobs) (if they have the hardware) or to aloud to sell software, but they don' t provide sources. They provide a sub product of the real sources, that are not free. A restricted set of software that is free.

these files are modified by hand or in automatic way (like kernel in ututo), bur are not sources

call them sources is like call sources a grammar in c produced by  yacc/bisson

there are not legaly sources, and is not a good idea to think of them as a new project, becouse the people that really do the code are not in linux-libre nor in ice cat project.  They are not new projects, nor forks, and continue to be that way, each new version is constructed from a new version of the very sources. Only one criterion: remove non free, restrict the universo of machines to the one in wich only free soft. could be run.

Could you write this in Spanish? The text is not clear.

--
Quiliro Ordóñez

"No se puede sacrificar la libertad por ningún bien, por ninguna promesa de pan o de paz o de justicia, porque ese pan tendría amargura de veneno, esa paz sería de muerte, y esa justicia no sería justicia humana ni tendría sentido." Alfredo Pérez Guerrero

"Não se pode sacrificar a liberdade por nenhum bem, por nenhuma promessa de pan ou de paz ou de justiça, porque esse pan teria amargura de veneno, essa paz seria de morte, e essa justiça não seria justiça humana nem faria sentido." Alfredo Pérez Guerrero