Re: [GNU-linux-libre] [gnu.org #1308285] add uruk gnu/linux to free list

From: Jason Self
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] [gnu.org #1308285] add uruk gnu/linux to free list
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2018 05:47:03 -0700

There may be a misunderstanding then Thérèse; the GNU Webmastering
Guidelines had never asked for the Webmasters themselves to write to
the list. https://www.gnu.org/server/standards/#distros
#3 has that the requestor (not the Webmasters) write to the list after
the Webmasters have verified (in #1) that the people requesting are the
primary developers and (in #2) briefly checked that the distro is a
feasible candidate.

> By the way, I wonder what webmasters have to do in this
> process, except acting as spam filter.

That is effectively it, yes: To make sure that the people asking for
the endorsement are the right people, since only the primary developers
can request endorsement -- the users of the distro should be referred
back to the primary developers -- and to filter out distros that
clearly (based on only a brief examination) won't qualify.