Re: [GNU-linux-libre] [gnu.org #1308285] add uruk gnu/linux to free list

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] [gnu.org #1308285] add uruk gnu/linux to free list
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2018 19:21:40 +0200

On Thu, Jul 19, 2018 at 11:20:33AM -0400, Therese Godefroy via RT wrote:
> On Thu Jul 19 08:46:19 2018, address@hidden wrote:
> > There may be a misunderstanding then Thérèse;
>
> If there was a misunderstanding, it was not on my part. Please
> check my last message to Ali; I clearly told him he had to
> contact gnu-linux-libre himself. And if I remember correctly
> this is what he did one year ago, and again 6 months ago... to
> no avail. My dealings with this list had to do with another
> ticket.

Maybe Ali is foreign and does not speak English.

This matter would really be easily solved if there
would be ONE responsible person doing the job.

Nobody takes this in the manner of a classic
sale. And that is exactly how these type of
inquiries shall be handled.

Instead of this mess of conversation, there shall
be one individal on side of FSF responsible to
welcome, greet, and help the new applicants for
free system distributions!

And that means, immediately putting the contact
information into the database, calling the
applicant, welcoming the applicant, giving him
necessary resources, downloading the distribution,
verifying the checklist, submitting timely the
work online on pages so that people can see the
progress, and so on, and so on until the
distribution is accepted or need corrections.

So that is the single problem here.

We say too many grandmothers, lazy will be the
grandchild.

Finally, THAT is the reason why GNU project
started, to have free software systems.

Now, there is somebody from Uruk, asking on a
mailing list, and nobody is really handling that
matter.

Guys, don't be bureaucratic.

Get some 50 cents and VoIP SIP account, call the
admin of Uruk GNU/Linux, contact by email, do your
best, assign one person to do the checklist and
have somebody do the final evaluation.

Jean