Re: [gnugo-devel] 261 games 3.1.31 vs 3.1.32

From: Marco Scheurer
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] 261 games 3.1.31 vs 3.1.32
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 12:23:05 +0200

On Friday, April 19, 2002, at 09:05 pm, <address@hidden> wrote:

By strange, I was thinking about cases where both GNU Go instances seem
to avoid contacts and fights and make many extensions (ikken tobi,
kogeima, kosumi...). This sometimes result, after 50 or so moves, in a
large spread of "loose" stones all over the board, with patterns that
seem unnatural to me, or at least very different from what I see in
human games. Am I making sense? And if so, this is probably to be

I think we'd have to discuss particular examples.

Attached is a game played by GNU Go 3.1.32 against itself that I find strange or unnatural (but again, as a weak player my judgement is subject to caution). Look at the situation on the board, the pattern of stones, between moves 40 and 60.