Re: [gnugo-devel] 261 games 3.1.31 vs 3.1.32

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] 261 games 3.1.31 vs 3.1.32
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 19:03:23 -0700

Marco wrote:

> Attached is a game played by GNU Go 3.1.32 against itself that I find
> strange or unnatural (but again, as a weak player my judgement is
> subject to caution). Look at the situation on the board, the pattern of
> stones, between moves 40 and 60.

Here's my comments on the game. I assume that you are W and GNU Go is B. The
game record does not say this but this is based on the style in the game.
So my comments are all on B moves.

At move 31, W is threatening R15 and defense of the Q16 dragon
is urgent.

Move 39 is to connect but this heavy move is terrible,
especially since there is a good move in the area at F12

Move 49 is too small. E11 would be good, for example.

Move 55 also could be at E11.

Move 67 is an overplay since W can cut.

B was very lucky to live with the Q16 group.

Dan