Re: [gnugo-devel] Cosmic GnuGo + bug ?

From: Arend Bayer
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Cosmic GnuGo + bug ?
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 18:31:07 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Stephane,

> I have tried to tweak the influence values of GnuGo 3.3.18 to
> make it play large moyos in the center, and I am quite pleased
> by the first resulting games.

Can you describe a little what you did? I saw that you made a lot of
parameters dependant on the move number - so how do you want influence
results to differ depending on the move number?
Also, can you say what motivated you to drastically reduce the
value of "B" patterns? (I.e. in which situations does this help?)

> PS : I plan to learn how to use the diff utils and all that sort of
> things soon on my Mac, but just in case anybody is interested,
> I have also included the full modified influence.h and influence.c
> as attachment.

I've posted your modifications in diff-form on the development home
page. (With two small modifcations to make it compile under gcc 2.95 -
it doesn't accept variable declarations mixed with code.)