gpsd-users

Re: Why for gpsd ubuntu-mono?

From: Bernd Zeimetz
Subject: Re: Why for gpsd ubuntu-mono?
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2021 19:10:45 +0100

On 1/11/21 8:57 PM, Gary E. Miller wrote:
>> But what you don't seem to understand: build time dependencies have
>> nothing, absolutely nothing to do with what the binary packages depend
>> on. I could install 15k packages from Debian, wouldn't make a
>> difference.
>
> Better brush up on your mind reading skills.  Got that one wrong.

ld.so says no.

> Ask the OP.  He is the guy complaining.  All I know is that his issue
> does not exist in git head.

WHY?

in Message-ID: <20210110132516.0309318b@spidey.rellim.com> you are saying:

> And Debian does require the user to install more packages then gpsd
git head does.  As seen here:

https://salsa.debian.org/debian-gps-team/pkg-gpsd/-/blob/master/debian/control

So either you are talking bullshit, or you should be able to point to
the exact line where you think that Debian requires the user to install
unneeded things in this file.