gpsd-users

Re: Enabling GALILEO after gpsd has automatically started

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: Enabling GALILEO after gpsd has automatically started
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2021 11:05:03 -0800

Yo David!

On Wed, 13 Jan 2021 11:27:30 +0000
David Taylor <gm8arv@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> How should I enable GALILEO after gpsd has automatically started?  Of
> course from the command line I can type:
>
>    sudo ubxtool -e GALILEO

a) sudo is security theater, just go root
b) you forgot the -P XX
c) there are many casses, documented in the examples, where that does
not work.

> but what is the approved method of doing this automatically?

Automatically is easy, once you can do it manually.

The approved method is to read the examples first:

https://gpsd.io/ubxtool-examples.html

Your issue is well documented there.

RGDS
GARY