gpsd-users

Re: Enabling GALILEO after gpsd has automatically started

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: Enabling GALILEO after gpsd has automatically started
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2021 11:05:24 -0800

Yo David!

On Thu, 14 Jan 2021 10:52:19 +0000
David Taylor <gm8arv@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> During tests I had already exported the correct protocol,

A little detail you neglected to mention.

> but I
> tested again with:
>
> sudo su

Enough with the sudo!  Just sudon't!  ubxtool does not need to
be run as root.

> ubxtool -e GALILEO -P 18.00
>
> and the setting was not retained over a hot reboot.

Nor would I expect it to be.  Saving things in u-blox is a very
complicated subject.  It depends wildly on receiver version and
the PCB it is on.  I guess I need to add examples on that.

> Are you referring to "$ ubxtool -p RESET" in the examples page?

Yes.  Specifically this section:

    https://gpsd.io/ubxtool-examples.html#_initial_setup

> I'
> not sure otherwise.  How should I do the  enable of Galileo
> automatically?

Specific directions on constelattions are here:

    https://gpsd.io/ubxtool-examples.html#_constellations

> I tried with RESET first and the Galileo was not
> retained.

Nor would I expwect it to be.  RESET is about resetting, not about
saving.  To save you use the SAVE option to ubxtool.  But even then
almost no u-blox on the consumer market will retain anything.

Your best bet ot to always rconfigure the reeiver just before you run
gpsd.  Or use tpsd device hook.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588