Re: language translator help

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: language translator help
Date: 23 May 2002 19:33:33 +0200

MJ Ray <address@hidden> writes:

> FWIW, just from a user's point of view: I'd like to see Thi continue working
> on Guile,

Me too, actually, and everybody I talked to agree that Thi is doing
good work.

> but whoever is the release manager (mvo?) has to be kept informed
> and cannot be blamed for trying to act in the long-term interest of the
> project.

The setup right now is that Ron Browning is the release manager for
1.6, and I'm the appointed maintainer of Guile.

Rob (and me) do not only have to be informed (which we are), but also
need to approve.  That was the main point: Thi did not make it
sufficiently clear to me that he will accept this.

> mvo, if you can't see what Thi is doing, please ask small direct
> questions.

IMO I did that, and I think it's a good suggestion nevertheless.

> Try to avoid confrontation where possible (easier said than done, I
> know).

Normally, I avoid confrontation by ignoring people (and hope that
drives them a little mad), but I don't think that avoiding
confrontation is always the best idea.  I do not enjoy it, of
course...

> My Opinion Only.

Very much valued.