guix-europe

Re: Extraordinary General Assembly: 26th May, 19h (and 10th June)

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: Extraordinary General Assembly: 26th May, 19h (and 10th June)
Date: Fri, 19 May 2023 14:34:42 +0200

Hello,

Am Sat, May 13, 2023 at 01:33:24PM +0200 schrieb Simon Tournier:
> This email is the invitation for the Extraordinary General Assembly:
>                          26th May, 19h (CEST)

I have set up a BigBlueButton room at Aquilenet, who are also hosting bayfront:
   https://blabla.aquilenet.fr/b/and-uau-pdi-cuw
There is no password, but access will be moderated (since this announcement
will appear on the public mailing list); so please choose an "authenticating
name" to be let in :)

>    3. Election of the new Presidency and Treasury
>    4. Election of the Solidary Administrative Council (SAC)

Please remember to speak up if you want to join the SAC, especially if you
are not going to attend. The idea behind our statutes is that all members
take part in the decisions by joining the SAC, but it still requires a
conscious decision on your part.

As announced last time, I would like to step back as Treasury.
I would nevertheless like to be elected as Vice-Treasury. This is a function
that does not exist according to our statutes, but it would allow me to keep
access to our bank account and to ease the transition to the new Treasury.
(Our bank is not performing very well, but I am not convinced that
changing banks will make things better...)
In any case I would like to remain in the SAC.

>    5. Name change: Guix Europe -> Guix Foundation

This is a suggestion that will require a meaningful vote.
We have discussed it already last time as a step to be more inclusive
internationally. "Guix Foundation" so far seems to be the best suggestion,
but please feel free to bikeshed on this list during the week to come.

Now back to my accounts :)

Andreas