Re: My inability to configure Gnats(web)4 (was send-pr error!)

From: Jamin W. Collins
Subject: Re: My inability to configure Gnats(web)4 (was send-pr error!)
Date: 22 Dec 2001 15:13:06 -0600

On Sun, 2001-12-16 at 10:26, Jamin W. Collins wrote:
> The system is ready for any takers.  Access is available via SSH, all I
> need is an RSA pub key from anyone willing to help.  I've port forwards
> set up on my firewall to allow access to SSH, HTTP (Apache), and GNATS
> (once it's installed).  If these are not enough, for some reason, just
> let me know what else is needed.

The systems been available for nearly a week now.  There has been only
one response regarding it so far.  AFAIK, no progress has been made.  I
am aware that everyone here is a volunteer, and am not berating anyone.
Rather, I'm simple providing information as I have it.

In the meantime, I began looking at other problem report management
tools.  Of the ones found, I tried Bugzilla.  During the installation of
Bugzilla I found it to be heavily Perl based similar to the Gnatsweb
interface with which I've had so much trouble.  However, after a minor
snag concerning Bugzilla and mod_perl (it doesn't use it, yet), I have a
fully functional Bugzilla installation.

Based on this, I think it's fairly safe to rule out the following:
- most all concerns over the web server, as Bugzilla is using the same
web server configuration I attempted with Gnatsweb (minus of course
mod_perl).
- most all concerns regarding the Perl installation (v5.6.1) as Bugzilla
is heavily dependent on Perl also.

I say "most all concerns" for both of these, because I am aware that
while they both use the same applications, they do so in different ways.

I would still like to get Gnatsweb functional for a comparison.  So, the
system will remain available for this purpose for a while longer (at
least until after the new year).

Jamin W. Collins