Why Emacs is echoing message for each installed Emacs package while star

From: Akib Azmain Turja
Subject: Why Emacs is echoing message for each installed Emacs package while startup
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 00:23:39 +0600

For each Emacs package I have installed, Emacs echoes "Loading
/gnu/store/...-emacs-.../...-autoloads.el" while startup.  This is very
annoying.  The reason is probably the function:

(defun guix-emacs-autoload-packages ()
  "Autoload Emacs packages found in EMACSLOADPATH.

'Autoload' means to load the 'autoloads' files matching
`guix-emacs-autoloads-regexp'."
  (interactive)
  (let ((autoloads (mapcan #'guix-emacs-find-autoloads
                           (guix-emacs--non-core-load-path))))
    (mapc (lambda (f)
            (load f 'noerror))  ;; This should be (load f 'noerror 'nomessage)
          autoloads)))

And also I wonder why Guix loads each autoloads file.  Can't it merge
(concat) all autoloads into one file while making the profile and then
load it afterwards?  This would probably save a little time.  package.el
can do this (see "package-quickstart-file" variable), so Guix should be
able to do this too.

--
Akib Azmain Turja

This message is signed by me with my GnuPG key.  It's fingerprint is:

    7001 8CE5 819F 17A3 BBA6  66AF E74F 0EFA 922A E7F5