Re: Why Emacs is echoing message for each installed Emacs package while

From: Akib Azmain Turja
Subject: Re: Why Emacs is echoing message for each installed Emacs package while startup
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 01:58:30 +0600

André A. Gomes <andremegafone@gmail.com> writes:

> No Emacs package manager does that indeed, but Guix manages packages in
> a unique way too!

Yeah, it's unique because it shows the same "Loading..." messages every
time I run Emacs.

> Take a look at /gnu/store/[hash]-emacs/share/emacs/site-lisp/ to
> understand how Guix loads emacs packages.

Yes, I know there is a file named "guix-emacs.el" which defines the
"guix-emacs-autoload-packages" function, which is the culprit for the
the user should know what he/she has installed, so there is no need to
tell that every time Emacs is started.

--
Akib Azmain Turja

This message is signed by me with my GnuPG key.  It's fingerprint is:

    7001 8CE5 819F 17A3 BBA6  66AF E74F 0EFA 922A E7F5