help-liquidwar6

[Help-liquidwar6] Work in progress, again

From: Christian Mauduit
Subject: [Help-liquidwar6] Work in progress, again
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2011 23:26:13 +0100

On 12/03/2011 05:13 PM, Christian Mauduit wrote:
> Something else I want to do before releasing is having sort of an
> automated way to check-up the various teams settings. Typically running
> bots as a batch/background task and getting statistical results about
> who won/lost. This should help avoiding situation where color X always
> beats color Y. At least we should run that against red/green/blue/yellow.
This "automated way to check-up the various teams settings" is ready. I
ran it a couple of times and changed the defaults for
red/green/blue/yellow. It's not a perfect tool, it's quite slow (it
simulates complete real games...) but it does its job IMHO. To invocate it:

liquidwar6 --simulate-basic

It outputs something like:

red: 25.5%, green: 24.8%, blue: 23.0%, yellow: 26.6%

Attached is the spreadsheet with the new default settings. I tried to
keep the spirit of the original settings while fixing some unfair
advantages/disabilities. I'm still delaying release for a bunch of bugs
have been reported, and I'd better check some of them, this very one:
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?35016 is annoying, and needs a fix.

Have a nice day,

Christian.

--