Re: Resource list, revised and extended again

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Resource list, revised and extended again
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 18:36:56 +0200

John Mandereau wrote:
Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

can you put up the site somewhere for a test drive?

No; I could run httpd on my computer just for testing but it'd take a
long time before I make it work. Or I could send you an email privately.
Which way do you prefer?

A tarball of the formatted website is a good alternative. I'd like to see it, but I'd prefer not to tinker with the installation scripts myself.

Yes, I understand; so, I'm going to integrate format-resources.py in the
makefile, add an url-checker, and make all this new stuff translatable.

there is one thing that I still don't get, which is why this should be done on lilypond.org. Aren't there many link directories (eg. dmoz.org) that are more suited to this kind of application? I assume that they will already have all the machinery to edit, check and translate links in a distributed way.