Re: Tremolo positioning

From: Joe Neeman
Subject: Re: Tremolo positioning
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 00:35:16 +1100

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 20:20, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
> Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
> > Can you resend the patch using more idiomatic code? Thanks!
>
> Also, can you include a small regression test sample, so it's obvious
> when we break something?

I'm not quite sure if we reached a conclusion on the default behaviour of
tremolos and I'm also not quite sure what the protocol is for adding things
to interfaces (I added "style" to stem-tremolo-interface. It can be
'rectangle or 'default) but here is another try anyway. I also enclose a
regression test and an image of the output.

2006-03-28  Joe Neeman  <address@hidden>

    * lily/stem-tremolo.cc (print): position
    the tremolo depending only on the end of the stem
    and not on the notehead

    (raw_stencil): center, on the middle staff line, the
    flag that is closest to the end of the stem (previously
    the bottom flag)

    (calc_width): add this callback to shorten a tremolo when
    it is beamed or it is stemup with a flag

    (style): add this callback to make a tremolo rectangular when
    it is beamed or it is stemup with a flag

    (rotated_box): this is like Lookup::beam but makes a rotated
    rectangle instead of a parallelogram

    * lily/stem.cc (calc_stem_info): make sure the stem
    is long enough to fit the tremolo

    (calc-length): reduce the length of tremolo stems since the
    tremolo code is now capable of better positioning

    * scm/define-grobs.scm: make calc_width the default beam-width
    callback for stem-tremolo and add the style callback