Re: why is Dutch the default language for note-entry?

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Re: why is Dutch the default language for note-entry?
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 14:54:47 -0500

    Hans> On 18 Dec 2008, at 16:53, Laura Conrad wrote:
    Hans> Perhaps LilyPond users should agree on one keyboard layout -
    Hans> it takes some effort to do.
    >>
    >> This is the kind of suggestion that would only be made by a music
    >> software person who had never worked with vocal music.

    Hans> If you want to fit all the world languages into one keyboard map,

I don't.  My point was that unless you do, a lilypond-specific keyboard
map isn't going to be usable for people who transcribe vocal music for
all the world languages.

--
Laura   (mailto:address@hidden http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097  233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

>From a pound of iron worth a few pennies can be made many thousand
watch-springs, which are worth hundreds of thousands. Put to good use
the pound that God has given you.

Robert Schumann, Preface to 'Album für die Jugend'