Re: Clarifying and requests for documentation

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Clarifying and requests for documentation
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2009 08:19:42 -0000

Sawada, Yoshiki wrote Saturday, March 07, 2009 4:38 AM

I want to clarify the contents of NR. And I have a request for
documentation.

---- Clarifying ----
1. NR 1.2.1 Writing Changing the -> Tuplets -> Selected Snippets ->
Changing the tuplet number

It says "By default, only the numerator of the tuplet number is printed over the
                             ^^^^^^^^^
tuplet bracket, i.e., the denominator of the argument to the \times command."
But, the number which is printed by default is the denominator.

If you look at the third tuple in the example shown here the tuple
number is shown as 3:2, and the \times command which poduced
it is \times 2/3.  So the "3" is the numerator of the tuplet number
or the denominator of the \times command.  So the snippet is
correct.

2. NR 1.2.3 Displaying thythms -> Unmetered music -> See also

Reference to NR is empty. It should have links or be removed.

Thanks.  Will do.

3. NR 1.2.3 Displaying rhythms -> Polymetric notation -> Selected Snippets

This snippet is used in the section "Time Signature" and discusses about compound time signatures. I think it should be removed or replaced by
a appropriate snippet.

The example shown is not entirely appropriate, I agree, but there
seems to be no better snippet available in the LSR at the moment.
There are two which show polymetric notation, but both are too long
for the NR (which is already too large).  They can easily be seen by
clicking on the Rhythms snippets.

Maybe we should just remove this snippet?  Views?

---- Request ----
1. NR 1.1.3 Displaying pitches -> Clef

In "See also", the reference to Internals Reference: "Clef" is translated to "音部記号" by ja.po file. But it should not be translated because it is a object
name.

I'll leave this for John to pick up ...

Trevor