Re: Clarifying and requests for documentation

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Clarifying and requests for documentation
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 09:43:24 +0100

Hello Yoshiki,
Sawada a écrit :
Do you mean that you will make node names and section titles translated only by
manual
(that is, they are translated in the source files, but not by the po file)?
Yes, that's it.

If it is correct, I want new commands as following rather than it:

@rinternalsnamed-untranslated{TEXT,DISPLAY}

where, DISPLAY is not translated.
Is this possible?
There is no need for such a macro: in case TEXT will be a context or grob name, it shouldn't be translated, so you write e.g. @rinternals{Clef} in the Texinfo sources, and when I have junked the gettext trickery for HTML
output this issue will die.

For the moment, the points which I noticed are as following:

1. Files to be translated

In addition to "index.html.in", "translations.template.html.in" should be
translated.
Thanks, fixed.

2. Translating the Learning Manual and other Texinfo documentation

It says that arguments of reference commands such as @ref and @rglos should not
be translated. But there are more reference commands: @rglosnamed, @rlearning,
@rlearningnamed and so on -- see "macros.itexi".
You are right, but some time later all commands will have to be translated;
as I don't have a reliable estimate of "some time later", I fixed them anyway.

Thanks,
John