Re: names of vertical spacing dimensions

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: names of vertical spacing dimensions
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 09:02:46 -0400

Hi James,

> I still think a *user* (not programmer or code developer) is going to really
> get frustrated when they don't know what a system is i.e... 'oh you mean the
> stuff with the notes in...we call that a 'score' where I come from.

The entire music engraving world -- not just Lilypond, but Finale/Sib/etc. and
the traditional hand-engravers -- call a single line of music spanning the
width of a single page a "system", and the entire collection of systems a
"score".

If Lilypond users are confused because they don't have an understanding of that
basic and universal terminology, they should read (1) some engraving books, and
(2) the Lilypond introductory documentation.

Best regards,
Kieren.