Re: names of vertical spacing dimensions

From: Wols Lists
Subject: Re: names of vertical spacing dimensions
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 23:12:44 +0100

 On 12/10/10 00:55, Graham Percival wrote:
>> Why not push it as one patch?  It seems like all of those pieces need
>> > to be accomplished in order to have a fully-buildable release (i.e. if the
>> > variable names in lilypond don't match the variable names in the docs,
>> > make doc will fail.
> If he has them as separate patches, that might help future debugging
> efforts if there's any problem with this.  I don't think it matters
> much, but pushing them as separate patches gives us a bit more
> information in the history, and it certainly doesn't hurt anything.

If it's multiple patches then it's best committed as multiple patches.
There's actually a git case for exactly this (to do with git bisect). I
remember reading it on the git list recently - you can push a group of
patches and tell git-bisect to use them as a single unit. The idea being
that they're a lot easier to verify individually, but any one of them
depends on the others and will break the system if processed in isolation.

Cheers,
Wol