Re: Issue 1294 - Lyric ties

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Issue 1294 - Lyric ties
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 15:04:29 -0700

On 2/12/11 2:55 PM, "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden> wrote:

> TBH, I'd be disappointed if this issue prevented a release of 2.14.  I think
> it's a regression, but I also think it's a minor feature, and the
> alternatives are acceptable: stick with 2.12 if you really need lyric ties;
> or update if you can live with lyric ties that look a little odd.

I think that this is equivalent to Graham's news item that says "Lyric ties
are no longer supported".

> However,
> I do believe we shouldn't consign it to the heap of priority-high issues
> that'll never get looked at.  My guess is that Graham won't like this
> suggestion, but I'd like to accept Patrick's offer to look at this as a
> serious issue, but I don't think we should raise it as critical-release
> blocking.  If Patrick can't see a way of fixing it, we go with option 2.

I'm with Graham on this.  If it's a regression, it's Critical, and it's
release-blocking, unless we say the regression is intentional.

I'm unhappy about the prospects of delaying 2.14, but I'm even more unhappy
about telling somebody who cares about lyric ties "Use 2.12 instead of
2.14".  Once we get to 2.14, we should be able to tell *everybody* "Use 2.14
instead of 2.12".

Thanks,

Carl