Re: Fixes segfault in beam quanting. (issue4339047)

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Fixes segfault in beam quanting. (issue4339047)
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2011 22:49:27 -0300

On Sat, Apr 2, 2011 at 10:37 PM, Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden> wrote:

>> Quick-n-dirty fix for segfault in issue 1585.
>
> While this fix is prudent (I'd add a programming_error as well), it
> does feel like a kludge.   The only way there could be no
> configuration at all is when generate_quants() rejects all of them
>
>      if (!quant_range[d].contains (c->y[d]))
>
> I'm pretty sure using #f leads to infinity being used as a dimension
> somewhere.
>
> I'd suggest not trying #f as stencil callback for noteheads;  If the
> head has no dimension, until where should its stem go?

I'm not sure what failure you guys are seeing.  I'm getting warnings
from the stem code, which does

  Real w = hed->extent (hed, X_AXIS)[dir];

and then

lilypond: skyline.cc:111: void Building::precompute(Real, Real, Real,
Real): Assertion `!isinf (slope_) && !isnan (slope_)' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)