Re: Fixes segfault in beam quanting. (issue4339047)

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Fixes segfault in beam quanting. (issue4339047)
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2011 22:23:11 +0100

address@hidden wrote Sunday, April 03, 2011 7:31 PM

I'll chime in here and say that I am still for applying my patch to beam quanting as a general fix. I agree that refining how stems meet up w/ noteheads is a better solution, but I think the bigger problem lies in the fact that beam quanting will result in a segfault any time it finds no good solutions, which arises here but could also arise in other unforeseeable ways. The best way to handle this, then, is a programming error followed by returning the best possible value which, in this case, is unquanted_y.

LGTM

New patch set at http://codereview.appspot.com/4339047

Cheers,
MS