Re: A few remarks concerning \relative

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: A few remarks concerning \relative
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 23:49:23 +0100

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 12:20:47AM +0200, David Kastrup wrote:
> Graham Percival <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > But this is *not* appropriate for the
> > tutorial.  I will be very unhappy if you put it there.
>
> It already went in with the last batch of patches

I am very unhappy.

> > Trust me.  The tutorial should keep words to 3 syllables or less
> > if at all possible.
>
> How about:
> "Here is a neat trick: if you write @address@hidden f}}, the next
> note will look just like absolute pitch."
> Apart from "absolute", only monosyllabic words.

That would make me less unhappy.  Getting rid of the "here is a
neat trick" would make me slightly less unhappy again -- I would
then merely be displeased.

I make no guarantees that even that sentence will survive my next
review of Tutorial, but that probably won't happen until 2013, and
by then we'll hopefully have the new \relative-mode command
anyway.

Your notation-speak version looks ok for pitches.itely.