Re: State of the pond

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: State of the pond
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 21:52:55 +0200

> SLOWER DEVELOPMENT
>
> Development has slowed to a trickle.  I'm not certain if this is
> just because it's late spring (i.e. busy academic time), or if
> people are holding their breaths waiting for the stable release
> (i.e. not putting forward any major patches), or just everybody
> getting older.

I am partly responsible.  For one thing I've been climbing around
Easter, for another I am brooding over the best way to work on
user-definable new events, grobs, other things.  I am coding far too
little and brooding far too much: I am not really all that content with
my current approaches of making LilyPond extensible in that area while
not impacting performance more than inevitable.

> VACATION
>
> On a personal note, I'm off to Europe from May 8 to 24, seeing Zurich,
> Munich, Salzburg, Vienna, Prague, and Germany (in that order).

It will be interesting to hear how you manage to visit Munich as second
city while holding off on Germany till the end.

> If anybody is in one of those cities and wants to meet up for a few
> hours, let me know.

I think I am in the city of Germany right now, and probably even then.

All the best