Re: State of the pond

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: State of the pond
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 15:23:58 +0200

On Apr 19, 2012, at 9:30 PM, Graham Percival wrote:

> We have a new release candidate, slower development, highlights on
> development problems, and a vacation.
>

> SLOWER DEVELOPMENT
>
> Development has slowed to a trickle.  I'm not certain if this is
> just because it's late spring (i.e. busy academic time), or if
> people are holding their breaths waiting for the stable release
> (i.e. not putting forward any major patches), or just everybody
> getting older.

I'm still working on a long-term skyline project w/ Joe.

My summer of Lily agenda has bits and pieces of projects in it but nothing
major for the moment - I am always open to ideas, though!  I think we'll see a
big boost in Lyrics after Janek's work on it this summer.

> DEVELOPMENT PROBLEMS
>
> The lack of interested mentors is a problem.

I'm always willing to give pointers - sorry if I haven't been attentive on the
list.  I'll contact these people.

> VACATION
>
> On a personal note, I'm off to Europe from May 8 to 24, seeing
> Zurich, Munich, Salzburg, Vienna, Prague, and Germany (in that
> order).

Gute Reise!

Cheers,
MS