Re: Macro for(UP_and_DOWN) and 3 similar. (issue 2491) (issue 6109046)

From: Łukasz Czerwiński
Subject: Re: Macro for(UP_and_DOWN) and 3 similar. (issue 2491) (issue 6109046)
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 13:44:14 +0200

On 25 April 2012 11:57, <address@hidden> wrote:
It would appear that you ignored
<http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.lilypond.auto/465>,
<http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.lilypond.auto/466>,

No - just look at dates - the comments are newer than my third patch set.

the end
of <http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.lilypond.devel/46312>
I have even written an answer on Keith's mail, but by mistake sent it only to him. I wrote there:

As I understand, fixxcc.py will correct that automatically, so I don't have to bother about that? Nevertheless I'll remember that for my future patches.

<http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.lilypond.auto/442>.
I didn't notice that comment. I'm not used yet to checking comments on Google Code.

Code reviews take time, effort, and diligence.  Patch testing can be
done by yourself easily.  If it isn't, it again takes time, effort, and
diligence.

It is a matter of courtesy not to waste those lightly, and treat the
resources of your coworkers with the respect you want to have them treat
yours.

For me it sounds like blaming me that I'm a beginner developer on Lilypond project, so my work isn't as optimized as it should be. It's not nice for me, really, and it doesn't encourage me to submit my patches either.

I'd like to know how to run regtests. Should I follow: http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/contributor/regtest-comparison and compare all those tests that differ?

Łukasz