Re: Macro for(UP_and_DOWN) and 3 similar. (issue 2491) (issue 6109046)

From: James
Subject: Re: Macro for(UP_and_DOWN) and 3 similar. (issue 2491) (issue 6109046)
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 08:05:53 +0100

Hello,

On 26 April 2012 07:55, address@hidden <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 26 avr. 2012, at 07:28, Graham Percival wrote:
>

>> Well, right now we have nobody running the automated tests to
>> check that new patches are ok.  So there will be no patches
>> accepted to lilypond.
>>

> I have a meeting in mid-May w/ the University of Paris VIII.  They're
> donating a computer to LilyPond and I'll set patchy up on it.

While you can set up and cron patchy-merge-staging,
patchy-test-patches still needs 'human' interaction (reg tests).
Perhaps this computer could be better spent doing other LP related
things Donate cycles for devs for instance via SSH - David might be
appreciative of that.

I've run patchy-test just now for the three patches outstanding this
morning. It's no a big deal, I've just never got round to running the
patchy-test scripts (well since the scripts were very first created
when I had trouble understanding them), so don't worry about patches
David now, I'll pick up the slack here.

Patchy-merge already runs on my box pretty seamlessly and I can run
patchy-test over coffee most mornings now I know what is involved.

I'll also look at updating the CG instructions because while it is
relatively simple, a non-dev like me always has trouble, initially,
getting all my ducks in a row with regard to setting up LP source
code, getting patchy downloaded and configured and then running her.

Regards

James