Re: Macro for(UP_and_DOWN) and 3 similar. (issue 2491) (issue 6109046)

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Macro for(UP_and_DOWN) and 3 similar. (issue 2491) (issue 6109046)
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 15:56:19 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: <address@hidden>
To: "James" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>
Sent: Friday, April 27, 2012 3:41 PM

On 26 avr. 2012, at 11:43, James wrote:

Mike,

On 26 April 2012 08:51, address@hidden <address@hidden> wrote:
On 26 avr. 2012, at 09:05, James wrote:

Hello,

On 26 April 2012 07:55, address@hidden <address@hidden> wrote:

On 26 avr. 2012, at 07:28, Graham Percival wrote:

Well, right now we have nobody running the automated tests to
check that new patches are ok.  So there will be no patches
accepted to lilypond.

I have a meeting in mid-May w/ the University of Paris VIII. They're donating a computer to LilyPond and I'll set patchy up on it.

One thing I'm gonna try to do on that machine is have each index.html generated by a regtest comparison (along with the log/png/jpg/etc files) upload to a folder on mikesolomon.org. These can hang out indefinitely and an automatic e-mail can be sent to the list w/ an alert that patchset X is up for viewing on site Y.

Still requires 'someone' to 'do' something and then say 'LGTM' and I
don't know what the feed back has been with regard to the

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/contributor/grand-regression-test-checking.html

is this just not the same thing in essence?

What about GUB?

Might that be a (more) worthwhile 'project' for a machine like this?

It's not not possible - it's not what I had in mind, but it sounds like a good idea. I'll likely be spending a few days in July getting this thing up and running so we have until then to figure out what we want to do with it.

If you're going to get GUB running on it, I strongly suggest doing so inside a VirtualBox LilyDev VM. Doing this made it fairly easy for me to get GUB running, whereas I failed completely on the "real" machine.

It may depend on your hardware whether this makes sense. My Ubuntu build box can multithread within the VM, whereas my (older) Windows box can't.

--
Phil Holmes