Re: [GLISS] differentiating pre/post/neutral commands

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: [GLISS] differentiating pre/post/neutral commands
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 14:22:51 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Kastrup" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2012 1:22 PM

"Phil Holmes" <address@hidden> writes:

I've always thought that the post-event nature of lilypond is its own
worst enemy.  My particular pet peeve is that it means you can't
terminate a piano pedal P with an asterisk * on the last note of a
piece, since the \sustainOn occupies the post-event location and
there's nowhere for the \sustainOff to go.  I work round this with an
extra voice and spacer rests, but it's not too clever.

<>\sustainOff should work fine.  Clever enough, but likely no extra
points for prettiness.

{ c''1 \sustainOn <>\sustainOff }

--
Phil Holmes