Re: [GLISS] turning strings to symbols (was: Issue 2883)

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: [GLISS] turning strings to symbols (was: Issue 2883)
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 23:02:10 +0200

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 8:27 PM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
> But the _point_ of the _invasive_ patch and convert-ly rules was to get
> feedback about what people think about a language change that
> essentially makes it unnecessary for users to write symbols like #'xxx [...]

I LOVE this change!  My cousing Franek likes it, too.  We both think
that this is a *huge* improvement in the
less-cryptic-and-more-computer-beginner-friendly department!  With
more such changes, even my conductor (who basically said "no! take
that away, i want a GUI" when he saw a .ly file) might try Lily some
day.

+1 000 000 000 (should i add more zeroes?)

Janek :)