Re: [GLISS] turning strings to symbols

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [GLISS] turning strings to symbols
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 00:17:42 +0200

Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> writes:

>> So far, the attempt to get feedback on this language change has
>> failed spectacularly,
>
> At least I'm all for it, and Janek too.  So it's not such a
> spectacular failure IMHO.
>
>> but that is the point of the current review at
>> <URL:http://codereview.appspot.com/6635050>.
>
> This is terribly awkward to check.  It's far more convenient to do
>
>   git checkout origin/dev/syntax
>
> then using `gitk' to analyze the last commit (I suppose this the one
> you want feedback, right)?

That is the one showing the _possibilities_ of this change.  I have
checked in a different Rietveld review with just the _necessary_ (given
the music function API changes which motivated this change in the first
place) convert-ly rules applied under
<URL:http://codereview.appspot.com/6651053>.

But for seeing the _possible_ changes, checing origin/dev/syntax is
better.  Obviously Documentation/notation/changing-defaults.itely shows
quite a bit of the flavor of the change.