Re: [GLISS] turning strings to symbols

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: [GLISS] turning strings to symbols
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 21:10:10 +0200

Am 12.10.2012 21:01, schrieb Marc Hohl:
Am 12.10.2012 16:48, schrieb David Kastrup:
"Trevor Daniels" <address@hidden> writes:

I see really only two reasonably
consistent solutions that both involve _not_ using \tweak for the
grobbed variant:

\tweakGrob Accidental color #red cis

or

\single \override Accidental color = #red cis

since the latter is now available.  It is just more effort both for
LilyPond and the user.
I'd not object to either of these forms, but I think I'd prefer the
dotted form of \tweak as the canonical syntax for the grob variant.
Well, as I said: if we want to support nested properties, distinguishing
xxx.yyy from meaning property yyy of Grob xxx, or meaning subproperty
yyy of property xxx will again be a problem

What about
\grob Accidental \tweak color #red cis
or
\on Accidental \tweak color #red cis

Would that be better (yes, my two-letter proposals are quite unpopular,
but this one does not seem so bad)?
I'd prefer the second one, it is more understandable from a user's
point of view (it took a long time to understand the grob mechanism
at least for me as a beginner).
... what about

\for Accidental \tweak color ...?