Re: [GLISS] turning strings to symbols

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [GLISS] turning strings to symbols
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 20:15:40 +0200 (CEST)

> I'm less concerned than Werner about the inconsistency of the tweak
> syntax.  The context needs to be specified only rarely, and it is a
> small price to pay for the enormous gain.  Hopefully the error
> message that results when it is specified incorrectly will be or can
> be made to be helpful.

Hopefully there is no misunderstanding: What David is going to achieve
has all my support!  Far better than previous, no question.  I just
want to see even further improvements to get more orthogonality, and
it is a pity that I'm trampling on David's nerves because many of my
questions are naive.

At least I know now that at the price of having Contexts start with an
uppercase it would be possible to get what I suggest.  But our
benevolent syntax implementation dictator says no :-)

    Werner