Re: Remove old "News" entry from home page

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Remove old "News" entry from home page
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2015 11:44:38 +0200

Federico Bruni <address@hidden> writes:

> Il giorno dom 19 lug 2015 alle 10:14, Federico Bruni
> <address@hidden> ha scritto:
>> a slider of examples, instead of a long list (as the current
>> examples page), would be nice but it requires more work on CSS
>
> I just made a nice simple slider (few lines of CSS) by following this
> tutorial:
> http://demosthenes.info/blog/627/Make-A-Responsive-CSS3-Image-Slider
>
> But it uses features which require modern browsers, such as:
> http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css3_pr_animation-keyframes.asp
>
> so I guess that it's not an option

If I understand correctly, one point of CSS should be graceful
degradation: if your browser does not support something, the content
will just get displayed like without the CSS.

So I guess that "not supported" should likely end up less of a problem
than "non-standard support".

Now I don't actually know what I am talking about.  If I had a dollar
any time an educated guess of mine about how things should be working if
implemented sanely was appallingly wrong, I'd not be having monetary
problems.

But it's probably not something we should discard out of hand.