Re: Remove old "News" entry from home page

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Remove old "News" entry from home page
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2015 16:34:29 +0200

Il giorno dom 19 lug 2015 alle 16:22, David Kastrup <address@hidden> ha scritto:
Tell you what: I'm probably the Nineties user.  That GIF annoys me
because it does not allow me to look at stuff as long as I need.  I'd
probably have a similar problem with a "Slider" (which presumably adds
animation to the image flipping). A slow conveyor-belt like appearance
would likely annoy me less (basically having _only_ animation) but it
still does not beat a statical page for me where _I_ am doing the
scrolling and determining the flow of presentation.

Tell you what: I hate animated GIF.
I understand that it annoys you.. We may put a link to the examples page just besides/below it.

The best sliders are those that stop sliding when you hover the image and also have buttons to go next/prev. Ardour site has the latter:
http://ardour.org/

Anyway, better an animated GIF than nothing