Re: Remove old "News" entry from home page

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Remove old "News" entry from home page
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2015 16:42:15 +0200

Federico Bruni <address@hidden> writes:

> Il giorno dom 19 lug 2015 alle 16:22, David Kastrup <address@hidden> ha
> scritto:
>> Tell you what: I'm probably the Nineties user.  That GIF annoys me
>> because it does not allow me to look at stuff as long as I need.  I'd
>> probably have a similar problem with a "Slider" (which presumably adds
>> animation to the image flipping).  A slow conveyor-belt like
>> appearance
>> would likely annoy me less (basically having _only_ animation) but it
>> still does not beat a statical page for me where _I_ am doing the
>> scrolling and determining the flow of presentation.
>
> Tell you what: I hate animated GIF.
> I understand that it annoys you.. We may put a link to the examples
> page just besides/below it.
>
> The best sliders are those that stop sliding when you hover the image
> and also have buttons to go next/prev. Ardour site has the latter:
> http://ardour.org/
>
> Anyway, better an animated GIF than nothing

We can just display a small gallery.  You can click to show the
respective image in a frame, and if JavaScript is available, this can be
done on hovering over the thumb.  That leaves the control with the user
and will not be useless even without JavaScript.  Wait, was JavaScript
even necessary for mouse-hover action or was this already in CSS?