Re: Add Code of Conduct (issue 575620043 by address@hidden)

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Add Code of Conduct (issue 575620043 by address@hidden)
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2020 20:56:41 +0000

On 2/6/20, 1:46 PM, "lilypond-devel on behalf of David Kastrup"
<lilypond-devel-bounces+c_sorensen=address@hidden on behalf of address@hidden>
wrote:

    > Apple carts unfortunately get upset once in a while. That is just life.

    Well, one can make them more robust, and that may be worth thinking
    about.

    My replies are known to frequently cause friction.  To help mitigating
    damage, feel free to forward problematic posts to me adding a subject
    like "timeout 1d" (for a suggested timeout of 1 day) or "offensive".

One of the things that I really value about you, David, is that you are really
slow to take offense.  You are willing to have problems discussed openly, and
you are frequently willing to consider others' realities, not just your own.

I love the openness that your signature suggests.

I think that you are overstating things a little bit.  I recommend that if you
choose to use such a signature, it would be better to say "My replies are known
to sometimes cause friction.  This is unintentional.  To help mitigating...."

Of course, it's presumptuous of me to put words in your mouth.

Thanks,

Carl