Re: Add Code of Conduct (issue 575620043 by address@hidden)

From: Wols Lists
Subject: Re: Add Code of Conduct (issue 575620043 by address@hidden)
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2020 22:48:42 +0000

On 06/02/20 20:56, Carl Sorensen wrote:

> On 2/6/20, 1:46 PM, "lilypond-devel on behalf of David Kastrup"
> <lilypond-devel-bounces+c_sorensen=address@hidden on behalf of
> address@hidden> wrote:
>
>     >
>     > Apple carts unfortunately get upset once in a while. That is just life.
>
>     Well, one can make them more robust, and that may be worth thinking
>     about.
>
>     --
>     David Kastrup
>     My replies are known to frequently cause friction.  To help mitigating
>     damage, feel free to forward problematic posts to me adding a subject
>     like "timeout 1d" (for a suggested timeout of 1 day) or "offensive".
>
> One of the things that I really value about you, David, is that you are
> really slow to take offense.  You are willing to have problems discussed
> openly, and you are frequently willing to consider others' realities, not
> just your own.
>
> I love the openness that your signature suggests.
>
> I think that you are overstating things a little bit.  I recommend that if
> you choose to use such a signature, it would be better to say "My replies are
> known to sometimes cause friction.  This is unintentional.  To help
> mitigating...."

Likewise.

Are you (David, that is) on the autistic spectrum? I'd be inclined just
to put something minimal on the lines of "I am on the autistic spectrum,
and if I come over as extremely blunt please forgive me. Please take me
as you find me, and take my posts for the constructive criticism they
are meant to be".

I'm borderline on the spectrum myself, and yes it can make life
difficult with people who don't know you ...

Cheers,
Wol