Re: Make Grid take an edit id

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Make Grid take an edit id
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2022 23:23:51 +0100

Le 01/01/2022 à 21:14, Valentin Petzel a écrit :
Hello,

I’ve started an attempt for allow multiple different Grids by giving ids. See
the MR: https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/1099

I’d love to hear your thoughts and critique on that. Also I suppose it would
be reasonable to add more controllable way of doing GridPoints than just
having them appear periodically. This would probably either call for some sort
of grid point event or at least some context property to force a gridpoint
even if the timestep is not a multiple of the grid interval. Or something
similar.

I think it's a good idea to allow for several simulatenous
grids not necessarily sharing the same period. On the other
hand, the grid-id property seems a bit special-purpose to
me given that you can already put any kind of ID on any
grob using 'details. How about an interface based on
context names?

<<
  \new Staff {
    \makeGrid 4.*5/12 "down" % period as duration and grid end context
  }
  \new Staff = "down" {
  }

or