Re: Setting up classical guitar fingerings

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Setting up classical guitar fingerings
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 01:22:18 +0100

Am So., 20. Feb. 2022 um 22:41 Uhr schrieb Luca Fascione <l.fascione@gmail.com>:

>  a) I'm looking for a way to get the fingerings where I want them without
> using one-note-chord tricks

Well, for Fingerings not in chord, like b-1 or <b dis'>-2-1 X-parent
is NoteColumn _not_ NoteHead, Y-parent  is VerticalAxisGroup.
There is no direct way from NoteHead to Fingering and vice versa.

Thus putting Fingering in-chord is unavoidable, imho, even for single notes.
It is _not_ a trick, but a requirement.

Furthermore, you say you set music for classical guitar, then chords
will happen anyway, although not in your example.
Please note, as soon as more than one in-chord Fingering is present a
FingeringColumn is created. Which will make things even more
complicated.
See
https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/issues/6125
https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/732