Re: Mixed chord/note mode

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Mixed chord/note mode
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2022 21:39:49 +0200

   On 2022-08-24 10:42, Lukas-Fabian Moser wrote:

     I agree with Carl: To demand an extra signifier to make a chord
     major feels unnatural, seeing as "lead sheet" chord symbols
     (defaulting to major) are quite well established. I'd also be wary
     of introducing uppercase variants of pitches for major chords. If we
     do this, the next step for our German-speaking folks would probably
     be to replace c'' c' c c c, c,, with c'' c' c C C, (which is
     actually the standard way of designating pitch octaves in German).

   As a curiosity, that syntax was actually used in early LilyPond
   versions, at least up to version 1.0.0, as far as I can see from my
   ancient LilyPond file archive.

       /Mats