Re: Fixing regressions and serious issues

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Fixing regressions and serious issues
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2022 21:38:29 +0200

Le 18/09/2022 à 18:45, Andrew Bernard a écrit :
Hi Jonas,

I run the OpenLilyLib Discourse forum and have taken over from Urs managing OLL (where more work will be happening soon!).

Interesting, would you mind sharing about the work you
plan? (Preferably in a separate thread)

Is it too onerous to register with a username and password? It's totally free. One cannot make forums totally open because of spammers, although I may consider making it readable to the public, but given it's a group of about 20 so far there does not seem much point.

Requiring an account to post is understandable, but I'd make
any forum public for reading by default unless there are reasons
not to. Subscribing to read posts is not a big barrier, but people
are driven by curiosity, and if you need to take administrative
steps before reading a post it can turn you away.

If you register, your personal data is kept totally private and not disseminated or used in any way apart from providing a login to the service.

You are very welcome to join.