Re: Missing items to make Cairo ready

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Missing items to make Cairo ready
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2023 23:41:22 +0100

Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> writes:

> Le 04/01/2023 à 22:42, David Kastrup a écrit :
>> There is a difference between a score that is downloaded and copied and
>> transferred thousands of times indefinitely, and a finalized print
>> journal that is sent from a publisher to a printer once.
>

> I think there is a misunderstanding. We are talking about the
> LilyPond manuals only, not about the size of user scores.

Again, the size of a manual that will get copied repeatedly and
indefinitely and the size of a document that is transferred once to a
printer are different things, and the quoted reply of a Ghostscript
developer suggests that they are not willing or able to view the
realities of one use case as similarly important or relevant as the
other.