Re: Lilypond & Halfdiminished/Diminished symbols.

From: liebrecht
Subject: Re: Lilypond & Halfdiminished/Diminished symbols.
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2018 23:41:56 -0400

Righteo..that is the way Unix work.

If you complain, then fix it yourself.

However, I did not complain, just pointed out that programming the "general case" is always preferable and the prudent way.

On 2018-08-06 23:19, David Nalesnik wrote:
On Mon, Aug 6, 2018 at 9:01 PM <address@hidden> wrote:

Sure, but from a programming point of view it is better to have all
characters the same size, then if in the exponent or subscript then
shrink them. That way you treat all characters equally and this question
as an example cannot arise. Just good principle.

It is my personal choice to use it like that regardless of what the
Conservatoire requires.
I sometime need the half diminished and diminished as the only
character, and it is not nice to squint to see them.

The tool is designed to produce what the "Conservatoire requires" with
a minimum of fuss, and it has saved me countless hours over the years.
You mention programming--perhaps you can tailor it to your own use.

David