Re: Testers wanted

From: Andrew Culver
Subject: Re: Testers wanted
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2021 14:50:08 +0000

Hello Michael Hendry

FWIW - I installed Lilypond 2.22.1 on Catalina using MacPorts. “nerdling" has
also amiably posted version 2.23.3 there as of now.

I made a little cheatsheet after my own successful install. Here it is:

Installing and using Macports for LilyPond
https://www.macports.org/install.php
https://guide.macports.org/#installing #better
# Xcode must be up to date (see link immediately above)
# keep macports up to date
sudo port -v selfupdate
# search for lilypond ports available
port search lilypond*
# search for all ports related to lilypond
port search lilypond
# installing a port help
https://guide.macports.org/#using.port.install
# installing lilypond
sudo port install lilypond
# also see port clean and port uninstall
https://guide.macports.org/#using.port.clean
https://guide.macports.org/#using.port.uninstall

Best

Andrew Culver